Foods that increase tumors?

Moderators: Vandaar, JWR

Foods that increase tumors?

Postby vk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Has anyone heard of any food or drink that may increase the growth of tumors or the size. I hope this is not a silly question, but I read something about this on one of the other boards that someone had posted. They said that drinking acohole may promote growth. I don't know where they had gotten this information, and they never responded to that question so I thought I would bring it up here. So has anyone ever heard of this or any other food or drinks that contribute.

Val
Val
vk

Re: Foods that increase tumors?

Postby Vandaar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 pm

There are foods that have been suspect of contributing to cancer. Some research indicates that estogen may increase the growth of tumors and some foods are high in estrogen. Very hard to prove. I do like a study that shows los calorie diets may aid in DNA repair.

The newest research I saw was about micro RNAs that survive digestion and may affect how our cells behave. RAS regulation nay be affected by a micro RNA I hven't been able to read the research. So it is possible that food could increase or decrease growth.

Alcohol is one of those that can go either way. The current advice is if you don't drink don't start

Vandaar
Vandaar

Postby vk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 am

Thanks for your reply. I really don't drink that much, but if it will help in some way to stop these tumors, I will stop all together. Another question have you heard anything on Manuka honey?
Val
vk

Postby Russtoo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Val;

I haven't heard of that type honey. I wonder if it's the bee propolis in it like "Bio-30", supposdly an angiotensive ( reduces blood flow which feeds tumors ), natural substance?
Re; Foods wich increase estrogen, I know there are some and would have to do a web search.
Re, alcohol consumption and tumors, I've never read a relationship anywhere. Can't say there isn't, but just I've never hear or read of a relationship.
Now, some ethanol might be good to help cope but if one is already dizzy?! ; )
Russtoo

Postby Vandaar » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:48 pm

There was a report the red wine might reduce the risk of cancer. The active agent is present in grape skins. Never did hear why you just couldn't eat red grapes. I think you can now get it in a pill.

The only study that I've seen proof for is eating less. I like eating. Why can't life be easy

Vandaar .
Vandaar

Postby vk » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 am

I don't know if its a connected to the bee propolis, I'm going to see if I can find out anything further on it. You know I am always thinking, wishing, that something comes around that would stop these stupid tumors from growing. Wouldn't it be nice if it was something so simple, that is right in front of our faces, such as a food or an herb... well you get the picture.
Val
vk

Postby luckygirl » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:22 pm

That's what I was thinking lol something in front of our face or right under our nose. A simple herb ... :mrgreen:
don't wish it away, don't look at it like this forever, between you and me, I could honestly say, things could only get better
luckygirl

Return to General Discussions