MRI or not?

Moderators: JWR, Vandaar

MRI or not?

Postby dbsherri » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm

My left leg is getting very weak, my foot numb most of the time....my right foot is heading that way too. My pain doc wanted me to have an MRI but I said no.

A few weeks later, I got scared and scheduled an appointment with my neurologist. But he wanted me to have a full spinal MRI first. They have gotten very painful for me to do...laying still for 90 minutes....plus I'm on medicare and the cost is outrageous. So I cancelled my MRI for today...and am trying to decide whether or not to rechedule

My pain doc said if the compression gets worse, I'll be paralyzed. But everytime I have one, they tell me that nothing has changed, and I just had one six months ago.

Augghhh!!!

Opinions, please
thanks
I wish to make a noise with my feet
I want my soul to find its proper body

Piano Solo/Nicano Parra/Translator: William Carlos Williams

http://nfpain.blogspot.com/
dbsherri

Re: MRI or not?

Postby THEA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:57 am

i think you should undergo MRI. MY BROTHER HAS UNDERGO MRI AND THE DOCTOR HAS FIND OUT THAT HE MUST UNDERGO SURGERY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE HE IS GETTING PARALYZED LITTLE BY LITTLE..UNTIL NOW HE DID NOT UNDERGO SURGERY BECAUSE OF FINANCIAL PROBLEM...
THEA

Postby Vandaar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:50 am

Six months can be a long time to let tumors grow. How frequently have you had MRIs?

Vandaar
Vandaar

Postby dbsherri » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I disappeared again....just like my legs and arms. I wake up (sleep with a neck brace) and can't feel my body from the waist down. I see my pain doc tomorrow, Tuesday, February 7th. I'm freaked out. I had to cancel an MRI a few months ago because while I was in it, the pain was so bad they had to take me out. That was for my bladder.

Im sure he'll want me to have one; the compression on my C spine has gotten a lot worse....my jaw is tightening up too. Actually, there is no part of my body that isn't acting up.

I hate this. My writing helps me. visit my blog, please! I love it when people visit me there, but have no clue as how to increase traffic. I'm not making money on it or anything....i just like to share and hear people's thoughts (in the comment area)

I do have more traffic then ever, people just don't leave comments. Oh well. Guess i'll have to keep coming here! I like it here, too, I just go away for a long time because I get so depressed, reading the sad stories. And I don't want to talk about myself too much....I do that on my blog, though I try and keep it upbeat if possible!!
I wish to make a noise with my feet
I want my soul to find its proper body

Piano Solo/Nicano Parra/Translator: William Carlos Williams

http://nfpain.blogspot.com/
dbsherri

Postby rere » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 pm

U really need to get an MRI ,, just leavin it could make things worse, ur best to find out what the cause is ASAP! I know it can be uncoftable lying down still for 90 minutes but its best to find out ae, puts ur mind at peace if u find the answers. good luck. God Bless. :)
rere

Postby seesnow » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:56 am

Sorry to hear of your issues. Are you on Facebook? A lot of folks are on there with a group of us from here. I wish the traffic would pick up here a bit and has in the last few days! Hugs and prayers for you!
Timmy's Mom

Satan doesn't care if you are Christian or not....as long as you don't act like one!

ImageImage
seesnow

Postby MJA » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Agreeing with those who say yes to the MRI. Please keep us informed on how you are doing.
Image for M&M

"Words kill, words bring life; they're either poison or fruit - you choose" Proverbs 18:2

www.caringbridge.org/visit/jayandre

MJA

Postby Vandaar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Don't let fear that there is still nothing they can do stop you from getting an MRI. Get the facts don't talk yourself into giving up.

Vandaar
Vandaar

Return to General Discussions