Diet and NF

Living with NF can be challenging and many of our BB users have offered their support, guidance and advice on various ways to cope with the emotional, spiritual and physical burdens that NF can sometimes cause.

Moderator: Vandaar

Re: Diet and NF

Postby Kitty Lover » Sat May 09, 2009 10:50 am

I've been on a Middle Eastern food kick lately. Virtually no meat (not on purpose) with the exception of yesterday and two other times this year and once with chicken. Yesterday, the recipe called for a filet mignon cut so that was my 3rd time for meat this year.

Anyhow. Middle Eastern foods are packed with protein and have no cholesterol. They also have no carbs or they have the friendly carbs. They also have tons of fiber. And the fat calories are generally are generally low in saturated fat and high in iron, calcium and fiber. I made Falafels the other day and didn't fry them in oil - I baked them instead.

As for the bumps - wow! That's interesting - I haven't been noticing either way because I haven't been keeping an eye on my bumps or if I'm developing new ones. I've been eating Middle Eastern foods since about October but have been strictly sticking to them since December. I recently had surgeries to remove tons of bumps from my face and right arms as well, so I will be keepng an eye on them.

And on a side note, I lowered my cholesterol from over 300 to 162!
ImageImageImageImage
Kitty Lover

Re: Diet and NF

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:24 am

What kind of diet and exercise should I do to get a 6 pack? I'm 17, 5' 9, 130 pds with a 28 waste. I'd like to try to at least tone my abs a little before May. What is the best method of diet and exercise to achieve a 6 pack. Also how long would it potentially take me?

Previous

Return to Coping with NF