Shaving-help??

Living with NF can be challenging and many of our BB users have offered their support, guidance and advice on various ways to cope with the emotional, spiritual and physical burdens that NF can sometimes cause.

Moderator: Vandaar

Shaving-help??

Postby Hemm's luv » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:44 pm

Hello, I am new here and 6 months ago I married a wonderful man who has NF1. He has many tumors on his face and has a problem with shaving. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Any ideas on how to shave without getting cut? Thanks!
Hemm's luv

Shaving-help??

Postby tpeterson » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:26 am

He could grow a beard, so that he does not have to shave. I have a partial like a VanDyke. I also have gone to an electric as a blade ( triple blades) was causing problems.
tom P
tpeterson

Shaving-help??

Postby rainman » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:18 am

Hi...

My dad had NF as well do I. He would just use a mild soap and water so he could see what he was shaving. Myself I do not have that many place on my face as of now. But I hope this little bit of info help you out. I blive that it would have made my dad happy to know that he hade helped someone out with this. He passed away in 1989.

God will bless you if you let Him,

rainman
rainman

Shaving-help??

Postby SmittyFan2 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:51 am

I am a male, and I have nf also. When it comes to shaving, I use and electronic razor with floating heads. It goe around the fibromas with hurting them and still gives me a nice clean shave.
SmittyFan2

Return to Coping with NF