Should I get married?

Moderator: Vandaar

Re: Should I get married?

Postby Anthony204 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm

If you are lucky to find someone to that you want to share your life with then go for it do not let anything or anyone stop you,

Good luck be happy
Anthony204

Postby Anthony204 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm

If you are lucky to find someone to that you want to share your life with then go for it do not let anything or anyone stop you,

Good luck be happy
Anthony204

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Definitly you should get married! I'm married to a man who has NF. I knew he had NF right from the start (can't remember exactly when we talked about it but from the beginning I knew). He didn't tell me about the 50% chance of my kids getting it (though I'm not really sure he even knew that). And I have to admit, because they were so relaxed about it (his mom and sister also have it and the sister has 3 kids), I didn't even look into it before we decided to have kids. I do not regret having the kids I have but I agree that it's something that both people should decide together so you should definilty tell the person about the NF.

Take care

Pam

Postby tfytmp » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Make an appointment with a doctor that knows about NF. A good neurologist should know about NF. You did not say that either parent had NF; if one has NF, either NF1 or NF2, then from what you are describing, it is very likely that you have NF. As for getting married, that is always possible, but remember if you do have NF, there is a 50% chance of any child having NF. If you want to send me an e-mail my e-mail address if tfytmp@aol.com
Tom P
tfytmp

Postby dbsherri » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 pm

tygermouse's answer was short and sweet and perfect.

I'm 57 and I let it stop me. There were other reasons I chose not to marry; and I decided not to have kids when I was 15; had a tubal ligation at 30. And one man wanted children so he broke it off with me. But that was only one.

DON'T LET NF STOP YOU FROM FALLING IN LOVE And if you want to marry, marry.

NF is what you have; it's not who you are. Not even close. Trust your instincts, value your gifts, and don't let NF win.

And go to my blog and read "Bumps of Beauty" http://nfpain.blogspot.com/ Or read it under Personal Stories on this forum.
I wish to make a noise with my feet
I want my soul to find its proper body

Piano Solo/Nicano Parra/Translator: William Carlos Williams

http://nfpain.blogspot.com/
dbsherri

Postby rabbitlady » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:42 pm

I've been married almost 7 years now and with my husband for 12 years. I didn't really found out I had NF til my early 20s and I was already with my husband. (just boyfriend girlfriends) the first tumor I had removed he was right by my side and reassured me everything would be okay. and it was. I have over 20 plus plexi-neurofibromas inthroughout my body, on the inside.

I just felt one on my jaw line and my hubby reassured me that he will love me no matter what.

So yes you should married. If you can find that special someone who you bond with than by all means. Yes, you should be up front and honest with him from the start.

You do not neccessarly need to discuss on first date unless somehow it comes up. but, if you found the right person, than they will love you. I saw a program on TLC or discovery health of a man with tumors all of his face, and he is married and has kids. he had the facial tumors when he met his wife. and she saw past it.

yes, by all means marry. having someone to support you is wonderful.

good luck
rabbitlady

Previous

Return to Personal Stories