Phobia's

Moderator: Vandaar

Re: Phobia's

Postby Blaster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 pm

MJA wrote:Chelle,
What part of Arizona do your in-laws live in? I have lived here my entire life and the only snakes I have ever seen are the ones in the zoo. :D I am deathly afraid of snakes so I tend to stay out of the desert during the time snakes come out to warm themselves. We do have beautiful scenery here in our state so I do hope you get a chance to visit. Don't pay any attention to television or movies our spider and snake situation is not what they paint it to be.

My other phobia is glass elevators. I get uncomfortable riding in a glass elevator and try to stay as close to the doors as possible. :oops:

I hear there is a glass observation "horseshoe" in the Grand Canyon...
Sitcks out many feet in "mid-air"
Blaster

Postby MJA » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Blaster, while I love the Grand Canyon and enjoy the views from both the north and south rims.....I would never go out on that 'view' point. :( :(
Image for M&M

"Words kill, words bring life; they're either poison or fruit - you choose" Proverbs 18:2

www.caringbridge.org/visit/jayandre

MJA

Postby Vandaar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:45 am

I've been in AZ many times and have looked for snakes at camp grounds , rest areas, and on several trails, never found one. Now if I had gone further out I may of had better luck but they aren't dropping from the trees.

Snipe hunting is fun, when I was one of they younger ones in the group some of the older kids took us snipe hunting. We were to stay in one place and wait for them to drive the snipes to us by backing on pots with a spoon. They can back twice claiming that they had chased a snipe towards us and we had missed it. They third time they took longer to come back ... so realizing it was a scam I got the other boys with me to go back to the cabin. The older kids paniced when they couldn't find us and spent an hour looking before they came back to the cabin to tell the adults they had lost us.

Vandaar
Vandaar

Postby MJA » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:00 am

Snipe hunting is fun, when I was one of they younger ones in the group some of the older kids took us snipe hunting. We were to stay in one place and wait for them to drive the snipes to us by backing on pots with a spoon. They can back twice claiming that they had chased a snipe towards us and we had missed it. They third time they took longer to come back ... so realizing it was a scam I got the other boys with me to go back to the cabin. The older kids paniced when they couldn't find us and spent an hour looking before they came back to the cabin to tell the adults they had lost us. Vandaar

I never did understand snipe hunting. I always thought it would be fun to bring a stuffed (taxidermist) one on a camping trip without telling anyone. Then when someone suggests the hunt, go along with the joke but bring the used to be living snipe along on the hunt. :mrgreen:
Image for M&M

"Words kill, words bring life; they're either poison or fruit - you choose" Proverbs 18:2

www.caringbridge.org/visit/jayandre

MJA

Postby Vandaar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Bringing a stuffed one along would be fun. Having a fake game warden drop by might also be fun.

Vandaar
Vandaar

Postby Melissa036 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 am

The water pipe in the field is fixed. I didn't even have to go down and point to it. They found it.

My next water pipe job is hooking up my pool(the pump and all) usually have to have Tyler standing beside me.

Everyone seems to have a crazy fear.....
me MF!,VP shunt,Tayrn NF JPA brain tumor, 3 sxrinx,Tyler NF mild, Aubrie no NF

]

http://www.photoshow.net/grodhaus
http://lqpreviouschildren.homestead.com/TarynGFinished2007.html
Melissa036

Postby Vandaar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Every one has their fear. Sounds like something I heard on Star Trek.

Vandaar
Vandaar

Previous

Return to Kitchen Table (Non NF Topics)