My scientific study

Moderators: Vandaar, JWR

Re: My scientific study

Postby grandmabumps » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 pm

I hope things go well with the doctor. I am so very lucky that I don't seem to have problems with my NF.
For Lindsey
For Matt
grandmabumps

Postby Mark H » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Yesterday at work just before my lunch break I was coming in the back door of the store I work at and failed to lift my foot high enough to clear the step in. :o Made the neatest "splat" sound as my body hit the floor. Feet, knees, chest , and hands hit the floor at exactly the same time. My hands saved my face from going into the concrete floor thankfully. It's almost too bad nobody saw it. I bet it was a thing of beauty. My back is still a bit sore as are my hands from the impact. THis is the third time I've gone down this year and it was the hardest. I've managed to catch myself (walls, doorways, counters) several times. I'm getting to darn old for this stuff. Oh well, it gave me a good excuse to take it easy today on my day off. :D :mrgreen:
Mark
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Mark H

Postby MJA » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 am

Mark,
It is good to know that you had the day off to mend. Just reading your post makes my body hurt so I can only imagine what you are feeling. Take care. I know that you need to chop wood for the winter. Can one of your neighbors help until you're feeling a bit better. If I recall correctly you do have a pal & you help each other with stuff like that.
Image for M&M

"Words kill, words bring life; they're either poison or fruit - you choose" Proverbs 18:2

www.caringbridge.org/visit/jayandre

MJA

Postby Mark H » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 am

The wood is pretty much done.Since we've been having some dry weather I did go out yesterday and tarp up the stack that will be stiiing outside 'till the shed is empty. :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
Mark
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Mark H

Postby seesnow » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Oh no - was it Christine that fell? And you too Mark? Well, you're in good company, because I took a good SPLAT myself while on our trip. Silly me decided to walk to the restaurant from our hotel and I took a nose dive onto the pavement - had a nice brush burn on my ankle, leg and knee!

Jules and I had a fabulous time on our trip. She got two gold medals for her music and three $1000 renewable scholarships for college. She got to sing on main stage at nationals in front of almost 2000 people....and guess who got to sit front and center??? :mrgreen:

We ended up our trip with a family vacation to the beach and just got home tonight. Back to reality now - school starts on Wednesday! :shock: :lol:
Timmy's Mom

Satan doesn't care if you are Christian or not....as long as you don't act like one!

ImageImage
seesnow

Postby Mark H » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Friday was the first day without really feeling the pain in my rib cage area. Today was a pretty good one. Got out and mowed the lawn and really didn't feel it. That was about as violent a fall as I've ever taken, and that includes motorcycle crashes and a minor climbing incident or 2. :D :mrgreen:
Mark
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Mark H

Postby Vandaar » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:23 am

bubble wrap lots of bubble wrap
Vandaar

Postby seesnow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:42 am

LOL @ bubble wrap!! :lol:

Sorry your fall was so bad Mark! Hugs and prayers!
Timmy's Mom

Satan doesn't care if you are Christian or not....as long as you don't act like one!

ImageImage
seesnow

Postby MJA » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Bubble Wrap - now there is a great idea. Only draw back it would be so sticky in the summer heat and even worse in those places with humidity.

Christine now has a brace for her knee. She hates it but realizes she has to wear it. The doctor wants her to wear it 24-7 but it bothering her so much that she does take it off at night so she can sleep. The brace maker is looking in to getting more padding around the area where it is rubbing her skin.

Mark, good to see you posting.
Image for M&M

"Words kill, words bring life; they're either poison or fruit - you choose" Proverbs 18:2

www.caringbridge.org/visit/jayandre

MJA

Postby Wolverine » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Bubble wrap its only used for moving. Unless Mark is moving down to Arizona. Then by all means, lots of bubble wrap.

Saw my first Coyote two days again while walking Miss Daisy. Mom was with me, so that will make this her second coyote sighting in our little neighborhood.
There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

-Steve Rogers-
aka: Captain America
The Avengers

Wolverine

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions